FalcoPete's Journey - H&N Cancer

• Possible secondaries...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well off to the QA for an ultrasound to confirm if I have secondaries as my GP & I suspect.

Going to be hard to let my Wife (Von) & Son (Chris) know if it's positive & with the increasing pain over the last week I fear the worst...

• The maxillofacial oncology appointment

FormerMember
    FormerMember

On 27-Sep my Wife (Von) & I attended the arranged appointment with us both being naturally, very apprehensive & extremely concerned what the diagnosis would be & whether the dreaded word was going to be a death sentence. The wait between the letter arriving & the meeting was, without doubt, the worst agonising wait of my life.

We were met by the team assigned & they were extremely caring about how the…

• The start of it all...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

During mid 2012 I developed what I thought was tonsillitis have suffered frequently with it as a young child & teenager. The glands on the right hand side started to swell so went to my local Doctor. She prescribed a 7 day course of penicillin which has always worked previously.

7 days came & went & it didn't touch what I thought was an infection whatsoever. I returned to the surgery the following week, as I was working…