Day 21- Growing growing growing....

1 minute read time.

So yesterday I was informed by several staff that my neutrophils were 1.5! Everyone seemed so excited, saying it was brilliant news. I don't even know what half of it means but I was excited anyway and joined in with everyone else.

Consultant informed me they would be stopping my booster injections (they kick start the stem cells) as the cells were growing very quick. 

Managed to eat wee bit more, had some paracetamol yesterday evening for my mouth but that's it, feels like it's almost back to normal. 

Went walking with the physio and was told I can go off the ward if someone is with me! So happy although I still feel very weak. 

Bounced out of bed this morning, stood in shower for about 15 mins without getting dizzy or feeling tired, done some walking again and had some good old spuds and gravy for lunch! 

Neutrophils are 1.3 today which scared me a bit but my lovely consultant explained it's just because the injections have stopped and now my body has to try do some work. He said I've done really well although still a long way to go. 

I can't believe the change in myself, I sat today thinking about the past few weeks and it's just a blur, I can't even remember half of it, must be like when women go through labour and it's real bad but they forget about it because they get a baby. In this instance I've got my life back, well maybe I'm jumping the gun, just happy to feel back to my (baldy) self. 

I'm between all the positive news I've been getting back ache, sore legs and tablets still make me nauseous. The girls here always have a potion for my symptoms so can't complain too much, trying to stay positive. 

Four hours to love island!!

Anonymous