Day 2 - Cant complain

Less than one minute read time.

So had my first dose of chemo yesterday. I was only hooked up for about an hour so can't complain. The routine is the same for next few days until I get a stronger chemo Monday and Tuesday, apparently I shouldn't feel too bad until then so happy days! 

Apart from a slight headache this morning I feel great. Started on a load of medications, antibiotics, antiviral, anti sickness etc and have been given mouthwashes to try prevent mouth sores. I'm vigilant with the mouthwash as my most dreaded symptoms is a mouth full of ulcers

If I let myself think too much I could probably say I'd rather be at home, of course I would but it's not going to happen soon so I try to focus on every positive I can. I'm doing all my favourite things - eating, sleeping, colouring in, reading, Netflix and of course love island! 

Staff are lovely and keep telling me to just ask if I need anything. No cleaning or cooking, so at this rate I might as well be lying up in a hotel

Overall I can't complain! 

Anonymous
  • I too have first chemo tomorrow.  Thank you for your comments really appreciate your input.  I'm having all drugs offered! Xx

• Had my first rchop 11 days ago - so now off the steroids (day5) and feeling ok if very tired. I'm still working 2 days a week and doc reckons that tiredness will be cumulative over my 6 rounds

I gather I'm at nadir next day or so and will then improve up to the second rchop

Eating is a chore as not much taste! Drinking buckets of water so spending a ly of time day and night in the loo

But looking ok so far