Day 17 - Hanging in there.....

1 minute read time.

The last few days have been really tough, mouth ulcers have became very intense and it's took a while to ensure I'm on correct doses of pain relief. 

As from yesterday I haven't even been able to swallow anything, not even water, I just rinse my mouth in water and mouthwashes, I've been given more mouth washes etc by staff and although they do help a little, it's only very temporary and soon the pain comes back. 

I'm on 25mg of oxynorm in my driver and 5mg when I need which is every few hours, I'm writing this now only because I've just had oxynorm and paracetamol and mouth has eased off quite a bit. 

Again nursing staff and doctors have been brill and it's just unfortunate it can take a few days to get the doses right, really hoping I can eat again soon too. 

I'm 10 days post transplant so it's expected that my bloods should start coming up around day 14, can't wait until I hear the news and know I'm definitely getting better! Nurse said my hair will start falling out in next day or two, so that's next on my list of the 10 plagues, I'm not worried one bit about my hair, in fact wish it would just hurry up (my roots are a disgrace),  really couldn't see my mouth getting much worse so just trying to stay positive although it's hard. Overall I'm just hanging in there, just have to keep going. 

Anonymous