The Butterfly Who Flapped Too Hard

• The word 'Fight'

Now, this one might be a little controversial, and I understand everyone has a different viewpoint on this one. But this is just my own personal view and I'd never tell someone they were wrong for disagreeing with me on this. But, I HATE it when people use the word fight, fighting, battle, battling, etc to describe the relationship between me and cancer.

Everything you see in the media and from friends and family…

• Christmas Catch-up

Figured this was the best place to put my thoughts, as they don't really fit into any of the other forums. Nothing exciting, just my thoughts etc on how my Christmas went.

So a week or two before Christmas I get the news that my fuzzy brothers fiancee will be joining us for Christmas. I've mentioned her before in my posts if you've read the rest, if not..... she needs to be the centre of attention in all things,…

• Letting it out

So, mentally and physically I've not been doing too well recently. The weather has increased the pain I'm in, as has the housework i've been doing - I cleared a room, rmoved a carpet, laid a new carpet, then bought and built furniture to turn it into a craft room. The pain has stopped me from doing things I might otherwise have done and the house is in a bit of a state, and my weight has stopped decreasing because I've…

• Family - gotta love them. Right?

Christmas time. The time when those you (usually) share genetics with are all shoved together regardless of likes and dislikes, and you're all supposed to get on. Because it's Christmas.

Bleh!

This year, my youngest brother has moved back from overseas, so he was around. Usually I get on quite well with him, but he can sometimes be a pompous pr*ck who knows everything better than you do and refuses…

• Understanding emotions, or not.

So, I've always felt a bit different to other people and nothing ever sat 'right' with me. When people were reacting to things, or explaining things, or when I was explaining things to them, or reacting to situations or questions - something always seemed a little off. Then I made friends with teachers who had training in spotting kids with challenges, and they made some comments - totally independently of one another…