Myeloma

Less than one minute read time.

Hello.

I was diagnosed last Thursday.  The hematologist said to me that I would die with this, not from it?

I'm not sure if that's true? Can the myeloma cause server issues with your body that you could die?

Anonymous
  • Hi  I was having a look through the various blogs and came across your one.

I am Mike and I help out around our various Blood Cancer groups. I don’t have Myeloma but I was diagnosed back in 1999 with a rare, incurable type of Non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Stage 4a so although my Blood Cancer ‘type’ is different I appreciate the challenges of this journey well.

On the whole it is true that many folks with incurable blood cancers like Myeloma and many other types will live all their lives with the condition and yes die with it - not because of it.

It’s not a forgone conclusion but point n case. My condition became very aggressive back in late 2013 and the treatment plan I was given was a ‘last role of dice’……… and it worked and got me into remission. But 9 years on a few new treatments have been developed so ai have new options so I can see myself having a long happy life.

We do have a dedicated Myeloma support group. This is a safe place to talk to others who may have a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

If you'd like to connect in with a group click on the Green (Bold) link I have created above. Then once the group page opens click on the black banner that says [click to join] at the bottom, or the [Join] button under "Group tools."

You can then introduce yourself by putting up a ‘new post’ by clicking in the box near the top right with + New or + (Depending on the device you are using) and you are ready to go.

All the best.