(2)First Treatment Friday 3rd February 2017

1 minute read time.

Well,  I turned up half an hour early as requested, for my fist radiotherapy session, armed with a Moody Blues CD, two bottles of water and a Lorazepam tablet. I was first led into a room where my details were checked, and I took the opportunity of mentioning my Claustrophobia, then shot the pill down. 20 mins later I was led into the treatment room, where the techs already new of my anxious condition, and put me well at ease. (the tablet was taking effect too). i was told the procedure would take approx half an hour (in the mask), so I girded my loins!!. When the mask was fitted and fixed, it felt surprisingly tight, but not uncomfortable. The techs talked to me through the whole process. I had no panic, fear, or any uncomfortable feeling at all. They took measurements, did a scan, took more measurements and finally performed the treatment. It really was a breeze,  compared to what I had built up in my head, and it was over it seemed in no time. I have no worries about going back for the next session now, and will sleep well tonight. The staff are brilliant!! 

(No effects felt at the first session)  Will continue next week, after week one treatment is finished

Anonymous