Session 7

Less than one minute read time.

Again the radiotherapy went well and I am not suffering any side effects so far so good, I hope it is having the desired effect. Not the best of endings though because of staff being off, and the ambulance the last patient had covid 19 so it had to be thoroughly cleaned, I had to wait for 3 hours after my treatment I don't mind though it's not as if I was going anywhere because in Wales we are in lockdown.    

Anonymous
  • HI Viv! I am soon to start radiotherapy for tongue cancer and keen to know how to lesson side effects of it. You seem to have been lucky so far. Any tips for me? Thanks!

• Hi, Susan, I am no expert just lucky I guess, when you start they will give you a pack of helpful things to help you so I have been using them, also paracetamol. I have been using ice-cream and honey which I have found helpful! I only have 2 sessions to go then I will have to wait about 6 weeks because they will have to wait for everything to calm down, then have a meeting with the consultant for him to examine me to give me the result. I hope this helps a little but I advise you to go to the main group where you will get much better advice. Good Luck