Low sodium and potassium

Less than one minute read time.

Hi folks, I haven't blogged for several months now, but I keep an eye on how all my Mac friends are getting on.

But now I'm hoping for some information - my elderly mother-in-law has low sodium and potassium levels (not cancer-related, as far as we know, but she has other medical problems). She has been in hospital for several days, is very confused a lot of the time, has little appetite and is on restricted fluid intake. It's hard to get there at a time when a doctor is around, and we can't seem to find anyone who can tell us what is causing this problem and whether they can put it right. They've tried saline drips and potassium drinks, but there's no improvement yet.

I've seen blogs where low sodium levels have been mentioned - any advice? Thanks, Val

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Val.  I started to look through my blog to find the meds mum was given for the low sodium but ended up in tears without being able to find the answer.  If it is in my blogs it will be around this time last year up to end of September if you want to have a look.  Sorry I've not been able to help, reading things I realise I'm still very raw.  Love and hugs Caroline XX