Mastectomy

Less than one minute read time.

Yesterday I was told I need a mastectomy and breast conserving surgery isn't an option. I feel really unprepared for this and inexplicably sad.

Like everything else on this journey, does this sadness pass and be replaced by strength?

Does anyone know where I can find a mastectomy bra with a 30 inch band? 

Anonymous
  • Hi northernfury. I got diagnosed with grade 3 invasive ductal cancer with lymph node involvement. I said straight away I wanted mastectomy just get the cancer out. They had postponed all surgery so just wanted to go with the quickest option. Contacted MP , sky news , local news and complaints department at hospital. Hopefully it had some affect as they put me in an independent hospital next to the nhs one. Had operation today and am at home. If I wanted implant I would of had to wait another week ( wasn’t doing any other option) and because covid is getting worse didn’t want to take chance of not getting op. I know in future when plastic surgery starts and after my other treatment I can have a boob built. Had a few wobbles regarding losing my boob , but called it the naughty boob and had to go. Of course I would still like to be with my boob but I feel at peace that they have taken it all out. I’m such a worrier. ( even now I feel like my other armpit is not right but they said mammogram was clear that side. ) going to mention to nurse though . Just keeping my fingers crossed it hasn’t spread further. Another 3 weeks wait. Good luck with your surgery. Sending love and hugs x