A Big Thank You To All....

1 minute read time.

Most of you are probably aware by now that I have decided to leave Mac, I wanted the oppurtunity to compose this blog to give you all my reasons. As selfish as this may seem, I feel that I am in need of some 'me' time in order to grieve my own lose,I'm constantly reminded of Cancer when i enter the room and I strongly feel that I need to back away from this kind of conversation and focus on trying to turn that corner in dealing with my own emotions. Also I feel that on quite a number of occasions I have walked into what I can only describe as very childish conversation in the room. When monitoring this I notice a fair few 'newbies' entering and they clearly are in desperate need of support which quite frankly in my opinion is very limited. It was not like this when I first joined Mac,therefore I feel the site has very much decreased in the level of support that people receive. I did'nt just want to walk away without saying a huge thank you to each and every single one of you for your continued support from the first day that I joined up until the present. I don't know what I would have done some days without the chat room and I have met some truly wonderful people during my time here. I already have most of you on FB so I will continue to keep in contact with you there, those of you that dont have FB I will gladly pass on my email address. Thank you once again and I wish you all a happy,safe and prosperus future.....    Trudy xxxx

Anonymous
  • Hi Trudy

I do agree with your comments regarding the Chat room, I have chatted to several really supportive people but also encountered some very strange comments too! I was chatting to a newby who was obviously in dire need of info as her father has the same cancer as mine and someone must have felt 'put out' and I felt very uncomfortable with her interjections of 'Hi' ''I am here' etc it has put me off going back! Especially  when all she was rambling about was the weather!  Best wishes to you and really hope you gain strength and peace

Terry xxxxxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Trudy, just like to wish you all the very best for the future - it takes strength to move on and 10/10 to you.  Ann x

• Dear Trudy,

It has been a pleasure meeting you on this site, and for me i can only say that you helped me no end to get through what has in fact been a very difficult and emmocianal time, given the past family history.

I can understand your grief and fully appreciate your reasons for wanting to move on, and get your own life back on track and in order, so i wish you all the very best now and always, and hope your life is full of joy and surprises each and every day, i will always remember you fondly for all the help and encouragement you gave me, and of course the piss taking aswell.

Take care  pauli  (aka Pidddddddd)

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Trudy, I am sorry you are leaving us but the door will remain open if you feel later on you would to come back.

I think you are right that at this time what you need is to have some me time and to stay in chat will only remind you of what you have been through. You were so good at helping others when you could.

All the very best, Love Rosie xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi trudy not been a chat a lot so missed chatting with you  i can understand you needing me time. so go and fill up your cupboards with asdas 10p bubble bath and soak away your worries lol or be a devil and get marks n sparks lol take care and would love to keep in touch if you wish to. love karenxxx