it begins

1 minute read time.

Okay so i don't normally blog or anything like that, however it's not everyday im faced with this circumstance. so here it goes, basically im 22 years old soon to be 23, male and have been diagnosed with Hodgkins lymphoma. it's at stage 4 and i have begun treatment, i have decided to try and do my best to keep a track of what's what in here. i have past experience with cancer in that my dad passed away after a short battle with NHL in 2007 and im determined to be as strong as he was and really push on and make a recovery.

May 2011- So it's been an up and down start to the process and now under way with chemo. Had my first cycle and about to start my 2nd on the 9th (all being well with bloods etc). after that will come a pet scan which i am looking to get a 'negative scan' which will mean that i am winning! So far signs are good, my original back pains from the cancer have gone, and the lump in my neck seems to have been reacting to the chemo. though i am feeling some side effects at times it's a small price to pay. if i have to go through hell and back to get myself better than that's just what i'll do. 

wish me luck on my journey as that is what i'm doing to everyone else out there in a similar boat to me!! 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Nick,

You dont need luck. You have what it takes to fight this Cancer. Your young strong and have the right attitude and out look to see you well on your way. I will wish you all the best and good luck anyway.

Take care and be safe Sarsfield.

• Hi,

Firstly i would like to wish you all the luck in the world with your treatment and hopefully a full recovery.

Your story sounds very familia as i have just had my hair cut by a barber of about your age, who it seems has also gone through exactly what you are going through now, he was 17 at the time, and now in remission, and having monthly checkups which so far are proving to be good, so dont give up the fight, and keep doing what you have always done, try not to let it get you down, and most of all keep smiling.

best of luck.

pauli...........

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Nick,

I wish you lots and lots of luck and send you lots of love. Sounds like you are doing a great job up to now, so keep up your fighting spirit and you'll get through.

Jo

x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Good Luck Nick

Keep fighting and keep positive and hopefully they will both work well for you.

Diane x x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

thanks guys for all your comments it is really encouraging and i really appreciate the support. Everyone around me at the moment has had their own little ways of supporting me and it has meant i've not really had a chance to think anything but good things to come! I hope other people out their are managing to find their strength and keep fighting! wish you all nothing but the best and hopefully i can support you guys in the ways you have me!

take care!

nick! x