it begins

1 minute read time.

Okay so i don't normally blog or anything like that, however it's not everyday im faced with this circumstance. so here it goes, basically im 22 years old soon to be 23, male and have been diagnosed with Hodgkins lymphoma. it's at stage 4 and i have begun treatment, i have decided to try and do my best to keep a track of what's what in here. i have past experience with cancer in that my dad passed away after a short battle with NHL in 2007 and im determined to be as strong as he was and really push on and make a recovery.

May 2011- So it's been an up and down start to the process and now under way with chemo. Had my first cycle and about to start my 2nd on the 9th (all being well with bloods etc). after that will come a pet scan which i am looking to get a 'negative scan' which will mean that i am winning! So far signs are good, my original back pains from the cancer have gone, and the lump in my neck seems to have been reacting to the chemo. though i am feeling some side effects at times it's a small price to pay. if i have to go through hell and back to get myself better than that's just what i'll do. 

wish me luck on my journey as that is what i'm doing to everyone else out there in a similar boat to me!! 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

I too like many on here are going through their own personal heel at the moment I feel however at this moment in time i am standing outside the gates waiting to jump in or be thrown in ..feeling so bad right now from all my chemo cannot sleep ..

good luck on your journey

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hey there sounds like your doing a great job! my boyfriend is also 23 and fighting stage four bowel cancer.. so far in the last year he has proved doctors wrong and we're nearly there! just keep a posative mind, and know that your young body will be able to take chemo and radiotherapy..

do you have a lot of supportive friends and family? i think this helps so much when you do

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hey guys thanks for your replies.

Jan- i sometimes get sleepless nights over the chemo too it's not nice or easy at those times i feel, so i've found having something to occupy me helps during those hours even if it is as simple as completing a sudoku. Sometimes i feel keeping my mind concentrated helps build up my strength mentally ready for when i next need to keep myself strong. I guess we all try and find those little tricks that help us through!! Even if you are stood at the gates..as long as you stay strong i firmly believe anyone is only a small step from turning it around and beating what is infront of them! and i hope you stay strong and get past this as quickly as possible :-)!

take care

nick x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Try to say strong mate and see an end to the chemo, and getting back to the things that you love doing. It's sometimes hard to see an end in sight, but there is - it's worth fighting for.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Good Luck Nick on your journey,it can be very difficult at times but keeping a posiive mind helps,it did for me,there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Take care  Sue x