Mouth Ulcers

Less than one minute read time.

Morning to everyone,

Is there anyone out there who can reccommend something for mouth ulcers caused by radiotherapy???  Im 5 months + post treatment and my tongue now is the worst effected.    Tried lots of mouth washes, gels, bonjela, had loads from the hospital but to no avail, you dont realise how bad you feel when your tongue is ulcerated, i only have two one either side in the middle but god they are so sore and stop me from eating really!

Thank you in anticipation.

Love and Hugs

Jill

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi jools, thanks for the reply but chewing gum is a no no at the moment it is too strong a taste in my mouth someone reccommended orbit spearmint but that too was strong for me, but i keep trying from week to week in case things have changed.  Hope you are well, take care and thanks again.

Jill

x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

CORODYL mouthwash, and ADCORTYL in ORABASE cream for mouth ulsers worked wonders for me, i know they can be awfull.... good luck,

liz xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Yeh you l know what i mean, its awful isnt it? Yeh chewin gum is too stingy and minty for me too at the moment, oh well i l carry on my research and if you remember what your dr gave you let me know??? Hope you are well?

Jill

x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

My dentist recommended Corsodyl Daily mouthwash.  I dilute it well and use it three times a day and it's worked very well through my various treatments.

Good luck!

Kate xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Ok this may be a silly suggestion but what about juicy fruit - not minty !!