That 'conversation' with the doctor

Less than one minute read time.

...i wondered if this day would come

went in to see my wife today, got taken for a private chat with the doctor and he told me that he didn't think she would make it, weirdly it came as no real shock to me and i think i took it very well!

The hardest thing was the facing up to it afterwards with the conversations about what we should put in place for our son, something i'd never thought of was things like birthday cards for his future birthdays that she (might) not be there for. Out of all this the worst thing for me is our son loosing his mother and the things that he won't experience with her and the things she won't see him do. I'm sure I can provide most things for him, but I can never be a mum to him - or perhaps that the wrong way to look at it?

....thought over, hope its out my head now!

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jan and Nin

Thank you for your words, I've just dug out a voice recorder to leave with my wife so she can leave messages for our son as and when she feels well enough.

Your right about the single parent thing, oddly I had forgotten we were bought up from about 13 years old by my mum when they split up, so I guess it can be done!

Time to work on those memories!

Thanks you all!!

x