Not even gone yet..but memories

Less than one minute read time.
Today the doctors basically told me there nothing they can do for my wife My thoughts at the moments are being alone, well not alone our 3 year old son is here, but being alone in the house without my wife, we spent virtually every day of the past 10 years together, she was my life and everything I did orientated around her and our son But anyway anyone else had that feeling when your looking around the house of the memories everything and object has, even silly things like my wife was the last person to touch that book, or she bought that jar of jam, and then more so that her hair brush, clothes, etc.
Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

It is awful thinking about what will come and thinking about all the things that will hold so much meaning for you in the future and... there is no doubing it, it is awful!..... but you will get through it... somehow you will find the strength.  I lost my brilliant husband on the 14th Oct (Diagnosed June 2011), leaving me with our 17month old son. If someone had told me that I would be in the this position and surving (just!?) I would never have believed them. To be honest whilst our little boy is what makes all this stuff especially sad and tragic,  on the other hand he is what keeps me going and keeps me sane. Those of you with children, you will survive, because they really need you too!

I agree with accepting help when ever you can as I  know that at some point some people may stop thinking to offer it, thinking that enough time has passed and we will 'be over it by now' ( add what ever time scale people think losing your partner stops hurting!). Those people who carry on knowing you well and whom who have ongoing proper friendships with ( friends and family) will always be there and carry on incorporating you and your LO into their lives. My theory is, if you don't see them or accept help, they won't know how you are or what you need.

I have bought a big scrap book from paperchase for and a big box off ebay to add things that won't fit in the book. My fella and I talked about the content  before he died which helps me and I'm treating it as my own therapy... doing a bit at a time as a way of thinking about him and knowing that I'm doing something we planned together. I'm no expert and just gathered ideas from the internet but If anyone wanted to know more about planned content I'd be happy to share topic headings etc.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

It is awful thinking about what will come and thinking about all the things that will hold so much meaning for you in the future and... there is no doubing it, it is awful!..... but you will get through it... somehow you will find the strength.  I lost my brilliant husband on the 14th Oct (Diagnosed June 2011), leaving me with our 17month old son. If someone had told me that I would be in the this position and surving (just!?) I would never have believed them. To be honest whilst our little boy is what makes all this stuff especially sad and tragic,  on the other hand he is what keeps me going and keeps me sane. Those of you with children, you will survive, because they really need you too!

I agree with accepting help when ever you can as I  know that at some point some people may stop thinking to offer it, thinking that enough time has passed and we will 'be over it by now' ( add what ever time scale people think losing your partner stops hurting!). Those people who carry on knowing you well and whom who have ongoing proper friendships with ( friends and family) will always be there and carry on incorporating you and your LO into their lives. My theory is, if you don't see them or accept help, they won't know how you are or what you need.

I have bought a big scrap book from paperchase for and a big box off ebay to add things that won't fit in the book. My fella and I talked about the content  before he died which helps me and I'm treating it as my own therapy... doing a bit at a time as a way of thinking about him and knowing that I'm doing something we planned together. I'm no expert and just gathered ideas from the internet but If anyone wanted to know more about planned content I'd be happy to share topic headings etc.