The next battle

• SCT 2 2 day break from treatment

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    So Pete finished his fluids this morning and in theory has today and tomorrow with no treatment. He has been very sleepy all day but has managed to eat, all be it half what he usually eats. Dr came to see him this afternoon and told us his HB was low so he needs a transplant. A couple of bags were the words he used to the nurse. This I assume being the cause of his tiredness. After a discussion it was decided he will…
  • SCT 2 last day of chemo

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    So today completes the 3 days of chemo. 2 days of no treatment to follow before he gets his cells back. He has slept most of the day bless him. Waking only for the toilet and to eat. Not sure he's done all his mouth washes so hoping he doesn't get a sore mouth. Nurses changed the way anti sickness is given as apparently he can't have it through syringe driver whilst on fluids. So half of it (nonsa sonething) is given…
  • SCT 2 things moving faster

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    So it looks like things are moving quicker this time round. Pete is doing OK in himself, still eating & no sore mouth etc.. although he has slept all day. Not sure if it's the anti sickness meds or chemo causing this. Metroclopramide and levopromazine in syringe driver. Metroclopramide, Ondansatron and cyclozine orally. The reason I say things are moving faster is he was told today he now has to stay in his room as his…
  • Chemo started today

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    So today Pete started his chemo again. He seems more tired this time & has slept most of the day. I am hoping this is due to the levopromazine & other anti sickness they have him on & not a sign that he's gonna be as well as last time
  • SCT 1 done now starting 2

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    So I guess I got carried away with Petes well being with his 1st transplant. He was so well & no real side effects. Phew. He was discharged 10 days after having his cells replaced & we have just had a fantastic week of being lazy, choosing new bedroom furniture & decor & a lovely day on the beach. Bless he even had an urge for a beer or 2 for the 1st time in months, so I took him to the pub for a few. Today we are back…