The Best things about Cancer

1 minute read time.
Well where do I start . My first ever blog 3 years on from my diagnosis and being told I have 9 to 12 months left to live . I suppose I better mention what the very best thing about cancer has got to be . My Oncologist Dr Chetti. And living in Birmingham. Birmingham has a fantastic Cancer Centre . I've been attending for the past three years now its amazing how everyone remembers who you are , you book into reception and the staff remember who you are ,it fills you with a wonderful sense of wellbeing. The waiting times can be a bit long sometimes but sit back relax and get on with it.some people enjoy a good moan I know but don't get uptight you will be seen and you will get the very best treatment available. What can I say about Dr Chetti and his team. Well without him I wouldn't be here . I know every time I see him I will get the very best treatment available to me. I recently started suffering from fits. A&E didn't seem to want to know I saw him the next day on a Tuesday ,about 12 days later I had 2 Brain Tumours removed ,regained the use of my left hand and arm . I had the very best of surgeons and a great team of neurologists working on me . I am now just waiting to recover enough , although I am out of hospital and back home. For my Radiotherapy to begin. Once that small setback in my treatment is over . I know I will be back on my maintenance Chemotherapy every 21 days to keep my lung cancer in check. And I will be back at work living a fairly normal life again. So to Dr Chetti and his team. You are always made to feel important and you never feel lost or ignored.Brain tumours become a small hiccup.and life becomes great again.
Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Thank you so much for your kind comments everybody ,what a boost it has given me. I never would have believed anyone would read it let alone comment. Thanks again Stuey