The tonsils have to go!

• One week post operation

So, last time you heard from me it was the night before surgery! It’s now a week after surgery and two days since being discharged from hospital. Although I’m totally exhausted, things are going as well as can be expected. I’ve had...
  • It’s starting to get very real.

I’m now holed up in a hotel, ready for an early ‘check-in’ at the hospital at 7am tomorrow.  I believe I’m first on the list tomorrow, so fingers crossed I’ll be done by lunch, I may not be up for eating much lunch ...
  • One week and counting

Today is an odd one. Just over a week ago I thought I may be having surgery today, but in fact I’d put two and two together and made 7(th).  I’d had a call telling me of my pre-operation appointment and speaking to the coordinator sh...
  • Preparing for battle

With the diagnosis come a number of emotions.  Fear is the big one.  There are so many things that pop into your head that worry you, rational or irrational, they can affect your ability to get on with normal life. I found being able to con...
  • The diagnosis

It seems a long time ago now, almost 7 weeks, when the lump in my throat became noticeable. I was sure it was a bout of tonsillitis, as my wife and stepson had recently come down with the fever and the feeling like they were swallowing razor blades. ...