Been a while….!!

1 minute read time.
Been a while….!!

I think the shock of continuing on  treatment stopped me writing for a while….!! This year has been busy I went to 4 weddings and one funeral sadly. I managed to not have to wear a wig as kept half my hair with the cold cap previously. Am now at that awful stage of tufts of hair growing back making my hairstyles most odd now!! I unfortunately was admitted for 6 nights following a reaction to the trial immunity drug, I started the ASTEFANIA trial in August and had only one dose but caused high temperature and a rash and only high dose steroids calmed it down. They have stopped me receiving the drug ( was clearly not the placebo!) but they will continue to follow me up as one dose may have been enough to stimulate my immune system to stop reoccurrence which for Her 2 positive is a higher risk! I was discharged on Tuesday 13th September and flew to Venice on a long weekend away which I was determined to go to. This was meant to have been to celebrate end of treatment with my husband ….!

Radiotherapy was postponed for a while and I missed Kadcyla for a 6 week break whilst I recovered!  I then started radiotherapy the day after the Queen’s funeral and completed that in October 11th. They zapped my right breast, my sternum (which has lymph nodes), and my axilla up to my neck. I had a sore itchy neck and a sore patch under my breast but the skin did not break down and I found Aquaphor really helped, it’s like Vaseline.

I completed 7 of 14 of Kadcyla on Wednesday 28th December so I am halfway there now!

Started Letrozole on December 1st, which I was dreading as I had terrible joint pains due to the menopause previously. I take it at night and am stiff first thing but once I get going it helps!

Anonymous