Remission

Less than one minute read time.

After 5 intensive months of supporting my husband through AML, it seems the treatment is nearly complete and for all intents and purposes he is in remission.

Apart from the 1st month when he had a reaction to the strong AML trial drugs and had a heart attack, he has been remarkable.

I think his positive attitude has helped enormously, keeping his allotment, fishing, making jams for the local pub - and visiting it of course - drinking wine on non chemo days etc!!

He has come home today whilst the counts fall and goes back in on Saturday (which coincides with my birthday (no surprise there!) and then all being well, should be out for good in a couple of weeks.

Doctors say all looks well, bone marrow clear, no nasty leukemia cells lurking anywhere and he wants to be back at work by beginning June.

So thanks to all my Mac friends for the support - and i hope there is also good news for others who contribute to the site.

Sharon xx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

So pleased for the progress and I'm sure you're right that a positive attitude helps. When I go for chemo the nurses are so cheerful and always willing to have a laugh that you come out feeling better than when you arrive. They and the patients who can laugh seem to do so much better than some others.

Hope it keeps going well for you

Mike

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Sharon,

Its nice to hear good news for a change. Lets hope it continues and your Husband continues to improve.

You look after yourself .

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Sharon, that's great news, so pleassed for you both.

Hope you have a lovely restful summer, it's much deserved.

Best wishes, Christine xx