op thursday

1 minute read time.

thanks cathie  and little my for your response I to have not suffered ill health so when this is thrown at you it is a massive shock to system.In the middle of the night i find myself lying there thinking all negative thoughts and start panicing,but i try to keep a brave face during the day for the family[i live with my partner Dave of 10 years ihave 2 boys 26 and 25 one is still living at home, it is hard for them to go through this again as they lost their dad to skin cancer 15 years ago. Dave has a son and daughter and we have 3 gorgeous grandchildren between us] The surgeon was hoping to do the op via lapaoscopy but the ct has shown the tumour is bigger than first thought so i will probably have to have open surgery as well as they intend to removea good bit of the large intestine appendix and lymph nodes hopfully no chemo after either. Tomorrow i go for my pre op assessment then thursday it all happens i will be busy getting things done in house i know i won t be able to do for a while after op lie cleaning windows and curtains. Im not into computers  so by the end of all this i might of learnt a new skill, this is the 2nd attempt to write this blog the 1st one didnt go where it should of never mind all practice!!!!!!!

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

I wish you the best of luck and hope it goes well for you tomorrow, kind regards John

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

October 2009 I walked into hospital and came out 5 weeks later in a whhelchair. I had a section of bowel removed and my anus and rectum. It took me three months to get out of bed but gradually got back to normality. Am now looking to my second year when I will probably recieve a letter which says that "there is no convincing evidence that cancer has returned" My problem was no the bowle surgery but the removal of my bum - had over 700 stitches in skin grafts, There was an army regimental sergeant major who had caught a bug in Afghanistan that was eating his bowel away. He went down for surgery at 2pm - came back at six and my 7.30 tied his drain, pain machine and drip together with his dressing gown cord and went outside for a smoke. He had had full surgery - hard as nails. I am sure that you will OK - looks good if there are no secondaries and lymph node removal as a precaution.

All the very best - keep smiling

love

Drew

X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Shar,

All the very best for tomorrow hope all goes well.  You look after yourself.

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield.xx

• Good luck with your op, but don't tire yourself out doing too much cleaning!

Best wishes,

KateG

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Good luck, hope it all goes well.  Just take it very easy afterwards :) xx