In good hands

• Seconds out, Round Two

I'm now well into my second cycle of chemo - just finsihed the 3-day inpatient part, and got my first outpatient appointment this Thursday.

If anything the 2nd cycle has been easier than the first - part of that was knowing what to expect, taking what I needed to the hospital, being in a smaller ward, and definittely being in better digestive health at the start. I should also acknowledge the two fine gentlemen in…

• A show with everything, including Yul Brynner

Day 15 of the chemo today, and the last infusion of Cycle 1.

It’s been pretty much plain sailing so far, but the first
    overt side effect looks like it’s starting to appear – a gentle tug on my hair
    results in a good pinch of follicles coming away – so I’m on the way to joining
    Telly Savalis, Yul Brynner and Vin Diesel as a baldy.

So time to shave it back, but I’ve decided to have a Mohica…

• Finished until after Christmas

Today was day 8 of cycle 1, so in for a Bleomycin infusion –
    and touch wood still no real adverse side effects from the treatment. I even
    swapped the anti-emetics for boiled sweets as they are just as effect now, and
    I can stop taking many of the other meds until the next cycle starts.

So, that’s it until after Xmas for the final infusion of
    cycle 1 – it seems things are going fast.

Thank you to all my…

• Back home after 1st 3 day regimen

Happy to be home after the 1st 3day inpatient regimen

The chemo went pretty well, and I couldn’t really tell much difference between which bag was in the pump - Cisplatin, Etoposide, Bleomycin, or saline. Only problems were those caused by tramadol from having the stent put in – next time I’ll take something to counteract the side-effects of tramadol. The worst part of chemo I think was being hooked up to the infernal…

• First Day as an Inpatient

Into the hospital early this morning for baseline functions - hearing test was good so starting from a strong base, and the lung function is strong after years of cycling and rowing, They found a bed in the ward for me at noon, just in time for lunch :-) After that I'm on 2 bags of hydration (6 hours in total) to be followed by 2 bags of chemo later tonight, and then back onto hydration. Hopefully that means I'll sleep…