home after over 1 month hospital stay

Less than one minute read time.

Had r/c done spent 2 days icu then went back to ward, then I caght pnuemonia and ended up back in intensive care and on life support for 10 days. Been home 5 days and feel so weak food tasts awful and I have a terrible thirst. I dont know if its because I was fed through tubes for a few weeks but nothing tastes right. I would love a cup of tea but it tastes awful. Has anyone got any tips for this if so I would be grateful. I have district nurse every day as I have had stitches out but not clips as I had to be stitched twiced because where I was on life support body was too low too heal. My wound is infected but it does look as though its starting to heal.My skin  is peeling like a snake. What a state but at least Im home. Run out of energy again so going back to bed to watch tv. Thanks for any advice anyone may have. Rosie x

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi hun havent had any surgery done but when i was in hospital with septacaemia and on chemo everything tastes like plastic even my hallowed chocolate and water is the worst im sure someone has put something in my supply lol find grapefruit juice lemon tea pink grapefruits crackers and philly with chives twiglets and anything citrusy or spicy goes down very well oh and pineapple in a tin or fresh is great its awful when you want to eat but everything tastes like ghandis flip flop looooooool!!!!

hope you feel stronger soon girl chin up love and hugs jen xxxxx