counselling and such

Less than one minute read time.

There comes a point when people and counsellors think you should be over  a bereavement or adjusted or have moved on. Typically I think  it comes around the 5th or 6month mark.In truth and in reality that is when its just hiiting home because it is the paralysing reality of our new situations that we dont want that we have to face everyday. I didnt lose my husband 5 months ago that implies he popped out and went somewhere and will shortly be back .I never misplaced him. He died in front of my eyes in our bed...unless its happened to you then you could never understand.One thing  about life thats certain ..is it certainly isnt fair and death is very final

• I understand exactly what you mean when you say you haven't 'misplaced' your husband. I've lost so many people whom I have loved and I know that cold hand that clutches at your heart and twists it until you scream in pain. I expect you've heard this a thousand times... it does get better. The pain does lessen, I promise.

Best wishes,

KateG

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi,

My husband passed away in Feb 09, and it is only very recently that I start feeling vaguely able to live without sobbing all the time.

Anyone who experienced this understands that there is no such thing as "moving on", but someone advised me that I would start feeling "normal" after 2 years.

The pain has got easier recently. I can now appreciate more about the time I spent with my husband than crying for the time I should have had with him.

I guess we will never "get over" it, but will gain strength to rebuild a life gradually.

Very best wishes,

Naoko

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Just wanted to send you lots of hugs Heather.  Thinking of you and am here for you always.

Lots of Love

Nic xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi red

I don't think there is such a thing as a normal length of time to start to cope with our situation, it is different for everyone. I know you have been doing really well so far, but i am sure it does not feel that way. But there is a certain amount of numbness at this stage, at least for me, and I think that actually protects you for a while. when it starts to go is when it gets hard again but others can't see it, it was all a while ago for them.

Take care of yourself at this difficult time of year.

my thoughts are with you

Becky

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Red,

There is never a specific time when you should come to terms with the death of a Loved one. Only

you and you alone will know when the pain eases.

That could take a long time. Look after yourself

Red.

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield.xx