re:sons denial-last post i wrote-on 18/09/2010--continued...

Less than one minute read time.

I forgot to say that my sons stoped taking any medication-including the cyclosporin--so not only is he running around like the fittest person in the world-but for approx 4mnths now he's not taken any medication either........

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

I've just read your two posts, and you sound as if you're out of your mind with all the stress and worry.  And I'm not surprised love, anyone would be.

It's hard enough with teenagers/twenty-somethings to keep them on the straight and narrow, without the added pressure of serious illness.   My son is a bit older than yours (25) and when he was ill last year (I suspected he was for months, and had to fight to get him referred to hospital - he was so laid-back about it all, didn't realise the seriousness) but I remember feeling as if I was going to explode.

PLEASE PLEASE, contact your GP and get him to refer you to your local Macmillan counsellor.  You are entitled to this, as any family member of cancer patients (whether they're in remission or not) is entitled to counselling.  I had it, and my lady counsellor was lovely.  It's got to be worth a try, because if you crack up then you won't be able to help him any more, and I know you want to, he needs you, no matter how much he pretends he doesn't.  I hope things start to improve for you both soon, love Jeanie x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear sonscaredmum, you cannot force him to take his medication.  You don't want to watch him do this either - maybe you could get in touch with a mac. counseller for you and see if he wants to come along when he sees how distressed he making the one important person in his life is.  Ann