Do you believe in God?

Less than one minute read time.

Just wondering how many of you do?? God?? Heaven?? Angels???
I have always kind of believed....my children have all been christened.....they now all attend a church school and i go to all the services with them ie harvest, easter, xmas etc. 
Now the problem i have is if God exists why does he allow bad things to happen to such good people?
Why take my mom from me when i was 2?
Why allow my dad to be poorly now so he can take him too?

Why allow all of the lovely people on here to be ill?
If it is all real why does my mom not listen to my prayers and make my dad better? 
Or why does she not give me a sign (that i have begged for) that she is watching over me?
I think with what is happening with my dad i just need to know he will still be around me after he is gone.

Sorry i know they are impossible questions to answer i just needed to get the thoughts out of my head.
Feel free to read and run..lol.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Vicki-nice to talk to you in chat last night :)

I am a practising spiritualist-do i believe in God?-of course i do, i believe he is THE Divine Spirit.

When my partner was diagnosed and subsequently passed away from cancer, i too thought the same as you-why do bad things happen to good people-the answer is this:

There is a reason for everything, everything happens for a purpose. The little child who has been born and only lives for a couple of hours has been born for that reason, some people have to experience suffering in order to fulfil their life on the next plain. In other words some people are - quite simply - too good for this world. Our loss is their gain so to speak.

This is my belief and i have had it proven to me that there is life after death, not everyone will agree with what i say but that doesnt matter it is my faith and it brings me great comfort.

Sending you love and strength, Julie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I was brought up in a christian home, going to church regularly on Sundays and sometimes during the week. I haven't attended church for at least 25 years, but I still have a faith. When I was having surgery for my cancer, knowing many people were praying for me was an enormous comfort and gave me a feeling of peace. Unfortunately  I can't answer your questions, I guess there's only one person who can.

Angela xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I do not have an answer for you either, but can tell you how I feel.

I do not believe in a 'God' that takes a faith to accept those teachings without logic.

But I do believe in an afterlife, I think that heaven and hell are lived on this earth and the afterlife gives you peace everyday.

I have told my children that I will always watch over them and will spend the rest of my time on a Caribbean beach enjoying the peace I am due, having been a good person all my life.

Patsy

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I do not have an answer for you either, but can tell you how I feel.

I do not believe in a 'God' that takes a faith to accept those teachings without logic.

But I do believe in an afterlife, I think that heaven and hell are lived on this earth and the afterlife gives you peace everyday.

I have told my children that I will always watch over them and will spend the rest of my time on a Caribbean beach enjoying the peace I am due, having been a good person all my life.

Patsy

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hiya sweeheart - first big ((((HUGS)))))

i do believe in god - but - i dont believe he makes things happen

i believe when things happen to us or to our loved ones he helps to gives us the inner strength to cope with what has/is happening

have you seen the poem footprints ? i shall post it for you - hope it helps ...................................xNx

footprints in the sand

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed

he was walking along the beach with the LORD.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.

For each scene he noticed two sets of

footprints in the sand: one belonging

to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him,

he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of

his life there was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the very

lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he

questioned the LORD about it:

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow

you, you'd walk with me all the way.

But I have noticed that during the most

troublesome times in my life,

there is only one set of footprints.

I don't understand why when

I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied: