still waiting for hair to fall out!

Less than one minute read time.

2 weeks after first chemo and apart from first 3 days have felt absolutely fine which I appreciate and am so grateful for, make the most of any good days. But I worry all the time about if and when my hair will start falling out, I used the coldcap and sometimes manage to convince myself I will be one of the lucky ones and not loose it then I read others comments about losing it 2 weeks after their first chemo and worry and then my scalp starts to feel different or is that because my hair will be on the floor shortly?

I know in the scheme of things hair is not that important but I think its the not knowing that is driving me mad!!!

Also worrying about my hair means I can put the thought of chemo next Wednesday to be back of mind.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks for all your advice and comments, hair started coming out lots on Sunday still is, had second chemo yesterday still used coldcap worth saving what I can although may give up soon, getting upsetting seeing hair everyone, still have lovely wig ready just in case and Jane I know what you mean I'm dreading seeing my bald self in the mirror so thanks for the tip x