THE START OF OUR NEW LIFE

1 minute read time.

Our new life started one day in June 2011, when my husband decided to visit his doctor about night sweats and a slight but constant cough. He was sent for a chest x-ray and by the Monday of the next week we were summoned to the surgery and told there was a shadow on his right lung. An appointment would be made to see a Consultant.

Our planned Summer Holiday was put on hold and we spent the next 3 weeks on odd days out visiting the local Hospital for a CT Scan, a Pet Scan and a Biopsy. Photographs of Summer Holidays 2011 were taken of a mobile Pet SCanner, Nurse included.  The next time we had a Consultants appointment we were told that my husband had a large mass in his right lung, close to his heart.

Cheomtherapy was offered to reduce the size and then if possible Surgery would follow.

My husband has had 3 Chemotherapy treatments, and is now in hospital having dehydrated and he is being treated for C-Diff. He has been very poorly.

Dear God is it not enough being treated for Lung Cancer without the added problems of infections too!

Before that day in June 2011, he seemed fit and healthy and happy. We could cope with the night sweats, and the cough became the norm, but his wife insisted that he ought to have it checked out.

Our life is on hold, treatment will begin again when he is fit enough. Roll on life after treatment!!

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Respect

I'm glad you had a cry.  It's nature's way of relieving tension and stress and I honestly think to hold it in is really bad for you.

Much love,

Nin xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you for replies

My husband is getting better by the day and hopefully will be home some time this week.

I think I had better make the point that my husband had dehydrated because of sickness etc before he was admitted to Hospital.

We have been told that  his recovery will take some time, but I hope that with lots of TLC it wont be too long before he will be fit enough to continue with RT. We will take one step at a time, the first one is the most important to have my man home!

Love to anyone reading this and I hope that all your prayers are answered.

X