Radiotherapy - One Week Later

Less than one minute read time.
Radiotherapy - One Week Later

It's been a week since the daily trek to the hospital and I'm reflecting on the side effects of radiotherapy.

On the plus side, the skin has coped well and isn't red or sore, no fatigue (yet) and I have been working normally, in fact it's been crazy busy at work. We had a weekend away in the campervan making the most of this amazing October weather and I've travelled for work. All good.

On the down side, my boob is still tender to touch and there are a few unusual lumps and bumps. The nurse said not to be concerned about this (yet) but it's really difficult not to worry about  the slightest lump though I know radiotherapy can change the shape and cause some swelling. We'll see how this is in a few more days.

Radiotherapy was my last major milestone of treatment, though a variety of other bits and pieces continue. I still haven't felt that emotional “wow, it's over” relief and perhaps I never will. I have dealt with this whole thing in my usual pragmatic and logical way, maybe I'll deal with coming out of it with the same attitude. In the meantime….back to work!

Anonymous
  • I’m a teacher, I’ve been teaching remotely since April. Got to love zoom….

• Hey Jacala. Any recommendations for audio books or podcasts?

C x

• Thus has been best October weather have to say. Usually its cold and miserable on my birthday !

Love the picture , what a view huh...breathtaking. where is that?

They should really have a bell you can ring when you complete your challenge! Do you sort of feel a bit of your old self back or is it embracing a new you!

I think it would be different maybe if we didn't have the covid restrictions for travelling.

I really don't know how you did  working through it all...you're super girl!

C x

• Hi,the view is the mouth of the River Avon at Bigbury in Sea, South Devon. It's not too far away but we took the camper van for the weekend a couple of weeks ago.  It was still very pleasantly warm Grinningd our friends even went swimming in the sea. I hasten to add that I did not Grinning
    I worked to keep myself sane, not sure I would have coped otherwise, but I have a superb team and group of colleagues who really were amazing. Hope you are doing ok this week, x