Another Day

1 minute read time.

So aside from being 50 shades of crazy last night I think it's all good. I can't get that image out of my head, what a fruit loop but I suppose you can't be good at everything. 

I have no idea if HP could tell I'd lost my face to the dark side for several hours while he was out, if he did he did me the kindness of not mentioning it. Bless him, he's the sort of person that doesn't believe in feelings. The idea that you'd acknowledge any sort of weakness in your unwavering faith that everything will be just fine is simply unacceptable. It sounds like I'm being awful and I don't mean to be. I know why he's that way so you just work around it.

Anyway, today I'll mainly be playing the role of Sleepy McSnoozeypants since I didn't get much sleep. Weird dreams again. This time I had moved into a house with a load of other people and they put a huge lock on the door so you couldn't escape. One of the men living in the house had bought some kind of destructive mole and hidden it under the house so it'd collapse with a few of us in. I ended up tearing up the carpet and the floor boards to look for an escape but all I found was old boardgames and love letters. Then I think I must have woken and started a new dream because then I was in a corner shop with someone. My mum had cancer and she seemed fine but suddenly died with no real warning. I'd made her tea but she was gone and the end was particularly violent. It was like she'd just burst. Then I was back in that house and I couldn't stop crying because my mum was dead but no one would understand and I thought they knew but every time I told them it was like the first time. I think I probably feel guilty for finding my mum hard to get on with. She loves me very much but she's got problems and I find her frustrating. Hmmm anyway, aside from the dreams of a total weirdo, hopefully today will be better. After all, I've got people to smile at!

Anonymous
  • Isn't it odd when you get these dreams, (I had a spate of them a couple of weeks back) hope that you can get that chesty cough sorted! 

Thinking of you xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks my love :) The brain is a strange thing! Xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Take care Lottie, you are allowed to freak out and cry and worry. Don't give yourself a hard time for struggling, it's completely understandable - as is everyone else's reactions, sadly. It's such a shame that people can be absolute knob heads when it comes to the very basics in understanding, but that's just how it is. At least we'll know how to react now if we're ever on the other side of someone with this horrible news! Keep your pecker up and I don't know if you've ever looked into mindfulness but am finding it very helpful to try and live in the moment right now xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks my love. I know you're right really and I'd be saying exactly the same thing to anyone else but I don't like to admit I'm not invincible so when I can't pull myself away from that feeling I find I wind myself up even more. I've never tried mindfullness but I've heard of it and I'll certainly give it a go if it might help :)

Haha you're right about the knob heads. I keep trying to be really sensible about it and then I find myself thinking I'd really like to poke their eyes out for either being seriously over the top or treating me like I just dropped the news that I've got a deadly strain of the plague and I've intentionally infected them all. I'm pleased I have a better understanding now though, I think we'll all be a little better at helping the people we meet as we go forward and that's positive if nothing else! xxxx

• You will, I'm sure, find folk who will simply drift away, who you thought were firm friends, and others suddenly get close and you find that they are your new best friends. 

Nowt so strange as folk! 

Hugs xxx