Macmillan's Cancer Information Blog

• Volunteer’s Week – David’s story

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Image shows a photo of David and a Volunteers' Week banner

Our final blog for Volunteers’ Week is from our reviewer David, who talks about his experience of cancer and his many volunteering roles. 

My cancer journey
    My journey started on 22nd August 2005. The past fortnight had seen a number of unexplained symptoms, including being sick in the early hours of the morning, and I thought I should see my GP just in case. I was confident it would be nothing serious. I’d had a…

• Volunteers’ Week – professional reviewers

FormerMember
    FormerMember

In this blog, we celebrate our professional reviewers who make a huge contribution to the work we do in our team. We also share the experience of two of our professional reviewers.

This week, you’ve heard from a few of our cancer information development reviewers. Now it’s time to celebrate our professional reviewers. They are health professionals and a range of other experts, from surgeons to oncologists, clinical nurse…

• Volunteer’s Week – Ruth’s story

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Here is our third blog celebrating Volunteers' Week! It's another guest blog, this time from our reviewer Ruth. She tells her story and talks about being a reviewer for our team.

Hi I’m Ruth and this is my blog about volunteering for Macmillan as a cancer information development reviewer.

In 2014, my dad was diagnosed with mesothelioma, which is a rare type of lung cancer. He became ill very quickly and…

• Volunteers' Week - Andrea's story

FormerMember
    FormerMember

This image shows a photo of Andrea, and the words: Volunteers' Week, Andrea's Story

Today it's time for the second of our blogs to celebrate Volunteers' Week. It's a guest blog from one of our reviewers Andrea, who shares her cancer experience, and talks about volunteering for Macmillan.

My name is Andrea and my cancer experience began when I was diagnosed with Hodgkin lymphoma. Never in my wildest dreams did I image what a roller coaster ride it would be. Nothing really prepares you for…

• Volunteers' Week – being a CID intern

FormerMember
    FormerMember

This week, 1-7 June, is Volunteers’ Week. So, we thought we’d post a series of blogs to celebrate the work of volunteers in the Cancer Information Development team (CID).

In this blog, one of our editorial assistants Amy-Louise shares a Q&A she had with our last intern Liza (who has just started her new job as our other assistant!).

Almost two years ago, I started out as a Macmillan volunteer, working…