Macmillan's Cancer Information Blog

• Your rights at work when you’re affected by cancer

FormerMember
    FormerMember

* This blog was updated 15/12/2016

Each year, almost 132,000 people diagnosed with cancer in the UK will be in employment at the time they are diagnosed.

Whether you are an employee, carer, business or health professional, we can provide support and information about work and cancer. In this blog, editor Steven explains more about your rights at work when you have cancer. 

Cancer can have a big impact on work. Our website…

• Meet Abi - our Managing Editor

FormerMember
    FormerMember

In this blog, Abi tells us all about her role here at Macmillan.

Hi, I’m Abi and I’m the Managing Editor in Macmillan’s Cancer Information Development team. I’ve worked at Macmillan for seven years now, and I love working here. I feel proud of my team and all that we achieve together, which includes an extensive range of top-quality patient information in a variety of formats.

My work backgrou…

• A guide for young people looking after someone with cancer

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Are you looking after someone in your family who has cancer? Maybe it’s your mum, dad or grandparent? If you are under 18 and you spend time looking after someone who is ill, then you are a young carer, and our new young carers handbook is for you. It’s been written in collaboration with other young people like you who’ve cared for their parents or relatives, so it contains real experiences and honest advice.…

• Body image and cancer video – Sharing your experiences

FormerMember
    FormerMember

For some people, cancer can have a big impact on their body. Treatments like surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy and hormonal therapy can change the way your body looks, works and feels.

The changes that have happened to your body can be a constant reminder of your cancer diagnosis and treatment. Research shows that 3 out of 4 people who have experienced changes to their body because of the cancer and its treatment feel…

• Men and cancer – Men’s Health Week 2015

FormerMember
    FormerMember

In this blog, our Content Editor Stu encourages men to be open about the issues that affect them, as well as be more proactive and open-minded in accessing help, information and support.

Men's health 

This week (15-21 June) is Men's Health Week in England and Wales. This is an initiative launched by the Mens Health Forum to encourage action and discussion around health issues affecting men. The 2015 campaign focuses…