Macmillan's Cancer Information Blog

• World Mental Health Day - Tips on handling panic attacks

FormerMember
    FormerMember

To mark World Mental Health Day, content developer Azmina gives some tips for coping with panic attacks.

World Mental Health Day is held on 10 October every year. It aims to raise awareness of mental health problems around the world and is a good time to focus on your own well-being.

A common emotion when living with cancer is fear or anxiety. You may be frightened about your treatment or the future. Before a medical appointment…

• World Post Day - Staying in touch

FormerMember
    FormerMember

This is an image of a red postbox.

Paper and pen. Lick and stick stamps. Brown paper and string. It’s World Post Day! 

Now, I don’t know about you, but something about this makes me very happy. I absolutely love sending and receiving mail. I still write frequently to a few good friends. With some, we exchange letters more often than we see each other.

Don’t get me wrong - having a conversation in person, on the phone or via text or messages…

• European Day of Languages

In today's blog, Quality and Evaluation Officer Rachael talks us through why our information gives us a reason to celebrate. 

What is the European Day of Languages?

It’s an annual celebration of language learning and cultural diversity in Europe.

What are we doing to celebrate?

We’re promoting:

• the information we’ve translated into different languages
    • the ways we make all our information easier to…
  • Urology Awareness Month

FormerMember
    FormerMember

September is Urology Awareness Month so in this blog, we’re highlighting:

• our information on urological cancers
    • how to look after your urological health.

What is urological health?
    Urological health is the health of your kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra. These are the parts of your body responsible for producing, storing and getting rid of pee (urine).

This is a diagram of the female body, showing the bladder and kidneys.

For people with male sexual organs (prostate, penis and…

• World Lymphoma Awareness Day - Signs, symptoms & diagnosis

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Yesterday was World Lymphoma Awareness Day -  a chance to show support and raise awareness of lymphoma. In this blog, content channel editor Tania talks about the signs and symptoms of lymphoma, and how it is diagnosed.

Lymphoma is a cancer of the lymphatic system. This is part of the body's immune system which helps to protect us from infection and disease. It also drains fluid from the body's tissues back into the blood…