My thoughts and feelings

• Chemo yesterday

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well that wasn't so bad....

Didn't realise how long it would take even though people had said, it always seems longer when it's you sat there lol

All went through with no issues.

I was sitting next to a guy who had Hodgkins as well but was back after being clear for 4 years.

His was stage 3 and mine stage 1 so not exactly the same I know but he gave me an insight into the ABVD as he had had that 1st…

• Crazy Time

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I’m having a crazy time of it.

Since my diagnosis I have been pretty upbeat about things taking things in my stride.

The most used line so far is ‘Well its Hodgkins so they can do something about it!’

The problem is inside I’m thinking ‘What the hell is happening, I have no control over this and probably the one we all think Why me!’

As I have not started treatment yet I’m also…

• Back at work

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Back at work after my tests and confirmation of Hodgkins.

They are all being very suppotive at work and we are working together to try and work out my shifts around the Chemo.

The 15th seems a long way off but Im sure it will rush towards me.......

• Dates received

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well I now have the date for my 1st lot of ABVD so things are more settled in my head. 

Its 3 weeks off but I can now try and work out my shifts around the regime as long as people at work dont mind swapping shifts.

• Late & Rushed or was it?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well is it just our clinic/centre or all of them.... We get there early as you’re asked to do only to find they are running 1hr and 10mins late.

This is only the 2nd time we have been there and its the 2nd time we have found it running late I’m wondering now if this is the norm. In the end we were seen 1hr and 45mins after the time of our appointment.

Once inside it all seemed really rushed although we…