My new life

• My birthday today

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It is my birthday today, went to Ireland with Kay to see my dad for the weekend.

All is well, thank God.

We are going on holiday to Tenerife in 4 weeks, cant wait

Never have been that keen on birthdays, Now they are more special, hoping for plenty more to come. My consultant says that I will be very unlucky if the cancer returns, hope he is right

Pete

• Holiday Insurance - Cancer Patients

FormerMember
    FormerMember

My wife and I have annual travel insurance though Direct Line but pre-existing conditions are not covered.

I was checking around to get some new quotes for Annual Travel insurance and these seem to be around £100-£120 but don't cover anything to do with the bowel cancer.

I phoned one company and they wanted and additinal £960 to cover the bowel cancer!

Hopefully good news is that we bank with…

• 3 Month checkup today

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I went back to see my consultant today for my 3 month checkup

Everything seems ok, I was not sure what my cancer staging was but it is T3,N0,M0 - Dukes B

Still feeling quite tired, consultant thinks this is more psychological rather than physical, he says it will take 6 months to get over the surgery and the mental side of having cancer.

I am going back for CT scan and blood tests in May.

I was a bit down when we discussed…

• Back to work today

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I went back to work today after 2 months off, the time has gone so fast.

To ease me back in, I am doing reduced hours for a few weeks.

Before I went in, it was a bit like going to secondary school for the first time, when I got there it was OK. 

Peter

• Going out for walks ever day

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Now that the snow and ice have gone, I have been going out for walks every day for about an hour or an hour and a half.

We live in a village so there are plenty of walks close by.

I will have to get in the habit of doing this, it seems like regular exercise is good for stopping bowel cancer returning. Don't know if that is true but it can't do any harm.

I guess healthy eating, exercise, low cholesterol, lower…