Talking about Cancer

1 minute read time.

Hello To My Friends

Well I think that this is the most difficult blog that I have posted, I have been Blogging and posting for Five years in total since I first got cancer, In my nodes in my neck and the base of my tongue, I thought untill now that the Cancer was well in remission, but now I find out that the Cancer has returned in the nodes on the left side of my neck and in my right Lung, I have tried to think of all ways of talking about Cancer, but the whole topic seems to shut down my ability to converse about it in any way, I just seem to talk around the subject I think that this is due to the lack of my wife`s wanting to admit that I have Cancer. what do you all think that i can do , it is draining my resourses and this is why I think that i get such dark horrid moods, because i have no outlet for my feelings, I know that I use this blog and site to post that is not quite the same as your loved ones support and backing ,and I know that this sounds daft but you feel that your loved ones have let you go and only love you in the past.

All The Best   James XXX

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello James ... it's a shame that your wife doesn't want to talk about your cancer, perhaps it's her way of dealing with it ? It's amazing how many people, be they family or friends, will change the subject if cancer is mentioned. All I can really suggest is that you contact your Macmillan Nurse and let her know exactly how you are feeling ... she should be able to offer some help and maybe have a chat to your family about supporting you. I hope that something can be done very soon.

Joycee x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hiya James

Hope your having a good day.

Its my hubby that has lung cancer. To be honest, I do bury my head in the sand. I always try to remain positive because i am so scared that this vile disease will take my husband away from me.

I will listen to him and try and find a positive. I do really really annoy him in doing this i know, but i find it soooo hard to accept.

This may sound silly, but put what you want to say to your wife in a letter maybe and sit her down and ask her to read how you feel - I dont know if it will help but worth a go.

Sending love and hugs

Jo

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

James maybe you need some kind of help to lift the blackness.Can you talk to your gp or nurse and see if they can give you something to help.Many people need help to cope.I feel well so its easy for me to manage.You must feel awful and I know you have to wait til after newyear to see what they are going to do.Best Wishes Julie x