mac nurse been today

Less than one minute read time.

26/11/2013

hello again well i said that i would keep you all posted as to how things are going,the macmillan nurse came today she talked for over an hour trying to find out how was best to help me,well the first thing that she has told me to do is to up my morphine dose to sixty mg twice a day ,and try to help to hold the pain she also said that she will go see my drs and find out what went on in the multi decilipanry group meeting,and said that she would phone me later this afternoon.

so things seem to be moveing now she did say that she had found out that the cancer in my lung is a Primary cancer and the cancer in my neck is a reoccurance of the old cancer,all for now

grandadbob14   (james)

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Be careful with the morphine I ended up addicted but it did help at the time cant bear the thought of having to take it again.

been to the doctors today not good lump on base of tongue about 2cm hard and painful.

how did they miss it? why is it still there after the tonsil.treatment

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hello Comerford

the macmallion nurse told me that you cannot get addicted to the Morphine as long as you have pain for it to work on,as for the mass on the base of your tongue it is quite difficult to see at first,if you have read my profile you will notice that the only way that they picked up the large mass on the base of my tongue five years ago ,was due to a small lump on the side of my neck, now as you know i have the neck cancer back plus lung cancer,dont forget to keep posting as people will read your posts and i am sure that they will try to help.