Thursday October 21st - What's going on?

1 minute read time.

Maybe I am a bit sensitive at the moment but over the last few days I have found some of the exchanges on this site very upsetting.  I don't need to go into details as I'm sure most of you have followed the threads posted by Graeme and John.  My most recent concern is a post titled 'Carers only forum'.  I've just clicked on this and, unless I'm mistaken, this is a forum which will only admit carers with an open profile, whatever that means.  Not only that but what really upset me was that there seems to be an indication that ex-carers would not be welcome and that usually ex-carers leave the site!

As you all know I am now an ex-carer, hadn't thought about that until I read the above named post.  I have had fabulous support from friends who are carers, ex-carers, patients, family members and friends and I hope I have given support to others.  Now that I'm an ex-carer I feel I need the support of my friends on here even more because when everyone drifts away after tomorrow I know my mac friends understand and will still be here for me.  I would also hope that I would be able to offer help and support to other members in the future, based on my experiences over the past 12 months.

I didn't know if I'd be able to get on the site whilst I was up here.  Now I'm wondering if I'd have been better staying away.  To all my friends on here, please know that I need you more than ever at the moment and I also know that you will be here for me and me for you.  You all know who you are!  God Bless. XX 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

huge hugs caroline so sorry that you have been made to feel this way xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Caroline, so sorry you have felt this, but as a x carer I just hope the people in the group do not have to join the long list of us, I came on here when little sis was diagnosed with breast cancer and found a lot of support, i use my second name as she did not want her close family to know some of the things she wanted to say on here, and could also talk to me on here without phone call being heard, as her hubby did not and still is finding it very hard.I did not put a picture on untill she said as it was her wish, but did once get accused in chat of being a fake as wasnt using my own name.. Pat was there at the time and she never went into chat again as she wasnt using her real name either, as so many on here do not, sometimes people dont think, and due to stress maybe say the wrong thing or it gets taken wrong, I myself do not like closed groups but there may be a need for them, keep you chin up Caroline you were a great career to your mum and have so much to give...xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Caroline, my thoughts and love are with you.

I will just echo what Jenni said at the start:

MACMILLAN CANCER SUPPORT,

and lizg - it is, ANYone touched by cancer. I can take whatever I have to on my own behalf, but the impact on my husband, son and family is hard to watch. They have the harder job, watching on and feeling helpless.

All love, Caroline,

Ali  xxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Caroline

I joined this site because I was diagnosed with breast cancer, but since May this year have also loged in for support while looking out for my friend who had meyloma,he passed away 11-45 Monday morning I hope we are all welcome whatever reason brings us here