Thursday October 21st - What's going on?

1 minute read time.

Maybe I am a bit sensitive at the moment but over the last few days I have found some of the exchanges on this site very upsetting.  I don't need to go into details as I'm sure most of you have followed the threads posted by Graeme and John.  My most recent concern is a post titled 'Carers only forum'.  I've just clicked on this and, unless I'm mistaken, this is a forum which will only admit carers with an open profile, whatever that means.  Not only that but what really upset me was that there seems to be an indication that ex-carers would not be welcome and that usually ex-carers leave the site!

As you all know I am now an ex-carer, hadn't thought about that until I read the above named post.  I have had fabulous support from friends who are carers, ex-carers, patients, family members and friends and I hope I have given support to others.  Now that I'm an ex-carer I feel I need the support of my friends on here even more because when everyone drifts away after tomorrow I know my mac friends understand and will still be here for me.  I would also hope that I would be able to offer help and support to other members in the future, based on my experiences over the past 12 months.

I didn't know if I'd be able to get on the site whilst I was up here.  Now I'm wondering if I'd have been better staying away.  To all my friends on here, please know that I need you more than ever at the moment and I also know that you will be here for me and me for you.  You all know who you are!  God Bless. XX 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Caroline

we will always be here for you,and for that matter anyone else that needs us, we need you Caroline as much as you need us.

huge hugs suzie xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Caroline, We will always support you,this site is for all of us carers ,patients, friends anyone who needs help and support.  Love  Sue  xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

((((hugs))) Caroline  I don`t know where all this leaves me either? an ex carer whos family passed 2 years ago but Im still really sad and missing them.

Caroline Im so glad you were there today when your dear Mum was brought home.

Love scarlet xxx

• Caroline, you will be raw and lots of silly things are being said and people misinterpreting things, it has happened before remember yorkie paul.

This site and all areas are here for you and there are lots of people who will support you, you know that deep down, so keep on using which ever forum or group you want to.

hoping all goes as planned and will be looking for your next post as I don't use chat anymore

take care

john

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Ah ha... So that's what all this is about!!

Well I have to say...... I am a patient...... Terminal...... My sister is also a member on here..... She is not my carer, I don't have one as I am still able bodied..... But she, along with ALL of my family are going through HELL because of me, infect I actually think it's worse for them than me..... YES I mean that!If I thought my sister would be made to feel unwelcome on here AFTER I'm gone I would be bloody LIVID!!!!!

For goodness sake all you holier than though whingers... Who think their pain is worse than others, grow up!!!!! This site is for EVERYONE who has been TOUCHED by cancer, it doesn't matter when where why.....

As far as I'm concerned there is no X carer/family/friend....because people you love never leave you, there will always be a place here for you , don't let bullies push you out

Liz xxxx