Sunday October 31st - I'm in bits!

1 minute read time.

Woke up this morning at 5.40am and decided I might as well get up and start to put the house to rights.  During the, almost, 12 months of mums illness I realised I have let things go and my mum was so house proud that I know it must have upset her that her rigorous regime of cleaning had gone to the wall.  I decided yesterday I would start with the kitchen and work my way through the house systematically.

I began emptying and cleaning the cupboards yesterday and set to with a vengeance again this morning.  I've just stopped to have a coffee, felt fine one minute and was in floods of tears the next.  I can hardly see to type this.  I love this house and mum was always happy here, it was the place we were meant to be but now it just feels so empty.

Yesterday my uncle phoned to ask how I was because my auntie must have told him I'd been upset.  He told me that I would be ok and that, in time, I would feel more free!  I wouldn't have to think about someone else anymore.  I know he was trying to help but I don't want to feel more free or not to have to consider someone else anymore!  I just want my mum back!  I'm almost 50 years of age and I need my mum! 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi caroline

sorry to hear you've been having a bad day, the waves of grief really do come with no warning.

everyone is here for you, to help in any small way you get through this time.

love, claire x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well I've spent almost all day cleaning the kitchen and I still haven't finished!  To let you understand it is a tiny kitchen and I can't believe how I have let it go!  At this rate it'll take me a couple of months to get the house back in order.

I found myself talking to my mum and telling her I hoped she was watching and taking note of how thorough I was being.  I've always felt she was obsessive about keeping the house clean and it seems I have now developed a similar obsession.  I'm mortified to think I didn't notice that I wasn't keeping on top of things.  I've found the process quite therapeutic something I never thought I'd hear myself saying about cleaning!

I also found that mum had developed an obsession about tinned carrots and peas?  I never even noticed, when we did the shopping, that she was stockpiling them.  The cupboard was absolutely full of them and what's worse is I don't even eat them!  So tonight Gillian has a cupboard full of carrots and peas!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sending you a great big ((((((((((HUG)))))))))) Caroline.

Alison.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Caroline,

Last year i broke down in the car and told my daughter I just wanted my Mum.  I was 58  and she would have been 99 yesterday.  She died 5 years ago but I still miss her but I thank my lucky stars she was not here to witness my husbands untimely demise.

Love and hugs Stacey xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Still do the same too Cel love and so just wanted to send you love and hugs and to say thinking of you xx Lots of love Lis x