Monday September 20th - I don't know what to do!

1 minute read time.

Mum seems to be deteriorating by the day.  She can't wash or dress herself.  She can't get out of bed or stand up from a chair.  When I ask her to move her leg a certain way like mum move your left foot forward. she thinks she's doing it but nothing happens.  She can shuffle along when I support her but is extremely unsteady and her left leg seems weaker than her right.  She seems vacant like the lights are on but nobody's home.  I can't explain it.  If you talk to her she answers and seems lucid but doesn't engage in conversation.  I would not dare leave her in the house on her own and just don't know what to do.  My aunt and uncle asked me today if I didn't think it might be an idea to get her into hospital where they can assess her properly.  I really don't want to do this but know that maybe it has to happen.  I really wish she had been able to get into the hospice but that hasn't been possible.  My nerves are in tatters.  If she felt ill I wouldn't hesitate in getting her to hospital but she's eating well, doesn't have any pain and says she doesn't feel confused.  I just don't know what to do!

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

thinking of you caroline, hope all goes well for your mum.xxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi cel,big hugs hope your mum gets the help she needsxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Caroline,

So sorry your mum isn't too good.  I do agree with the others and it sounds like your mum needs to be professionally assessed.  It's not possible she may have a urine infection is it?  Just a thought, because I know these can have quite an adverse effect.  I hope you get things sorted for mum soon and look after yourself too.

Take care

Nic xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Caroline

The same sort of thing happened to my friend who has mulitpul myeloma and like you I was reluctant to send him in to hospital.in the end I called his GP and he was admitted.Among other things he had a urine tract infection,as mentioned by Nic.He has now been assesed by the OT and palative care team so that when he comes home within the next week  (I hope) we will have a lot more help.

Helen

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Caroline,

Not much more I can add but big hugs to you and your Mum

Love Stacey xxx