A send off for uncle H.

3 minute read time.
Gosh so much as happened I don't really know where to start, uncles funeral is next Thursday, so have got my teeth into sorting that out. I didn't realise just how much ther is to do and all in the space of a few days..makes me wonder how and why some of those big fancy weddings take so long to sort out? There's going to be a representative from his regiment, he will have the flag on his coffin (mothers orders) and the last post (mothers orders) ill be doing a reading, if I don't bottle it at the last minute! Oh and my nephew who's in the Paras is coming which is meant to be a suprise for mother. Flowers ordered, music sorted, pub for a buffet afterwards sorted..just wish I could sort the weather out, I'd hate it to be a grey day. My sons coming down from Derbyshire on the Wednesday with his 'partner' and little girl Ava, she's 2 and is just wonderful, I'm so excited to see her I cant wait! And the best bit is after the funeral they are staying the Thursday night and leaving the Friday morning...But leaving Ava with me!! Yay. She will stay with us in Norfolk and I intend to have so many adventures with her, we are going to the seaside, we are going to have a picnic in the woods with the 2 pooches and grandpas going to take her on the tractor, in fact we will get up to so much mischief, can't wait. There is one little problem...I haven't yet told Andy! He's not likely to be thrilled at all the commotion, he likes his routine thank you very much..but on this occasion I think my needs are greater!! Anyway hel enjoy it when she's here..! Mother..Mmm, well I've given her a notepad to jot anything down she thinks would be appropriate for the funeral. I thought it would be good to keep her involved while really it was me doing the sorting...she's driven me mad with the bloody thing! The list is endless, it really is never ending! She's very tearful which i understand, but I'm worried about when everything has died down( poor choice of words..oops) and she really is on her own..that's when she will go downhill. I did have to have words with her today, as you may know, mother likes to meddle and generally cause me grief from time to time..well she rang my son up and told him this conversation was between him and her and not to tell me, but could she have my exes number ( sons father) so she could ring him and inform him of the funeral but not to tell me!!!! Of course having the best sons ever, what did he do? ..rang me and told me!! Why oh why does she want to speak to him, it's been all of 12years since she last spoke ( I presume) but the thing that upset me the most is telling Edward NOT to tell me!!! What a terrible to do! I was as mad as a wasp. Anyway, i had it out with her. She was most apologetic saying she didn't want to upset me but thought he should know of the funeral ( yeah righto..then she should have asked Edward to tell him) it's all so she can have a bit of 'one upmanship'. I don't like that, in fact I feel really let down by her, having bust a gut to make sure everything is as she wants..the hundreds of nagging phone calls I get from her, the mileage I do every week to keep her and her house running, ..and she tries to put my son in that position...so cross!! Anyway, enough moaning. On the whole I'm happy with how it's panning out, let's just hope mother doesn't put another spanner in the works....cos one thing she hasn't thought of is IM in charge of her and her wheelchair!!!!! ( evil laugh)! I've also been thinking of those special few who are going through thier own battles ( you know who you are) I don't always post on here, but I do keep my eye on you all! Mahoosive hugs to you all.xxxxx
Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Mandy,

It's such a busy time, but it sounds like you've got it all under control despite the mithering demands of your mum. 

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr I hate it when things are told behind your back and they try to keep you out of the loop, and it's quite disgusting that it was to your son, arghhhhh.

Oh how lovely to have Ava stay over.  It'll be a lovely break and just perfect for after Uncles funeral.  First a good send off that Uncle certainly would be proud of and then instead of the quiet come down the next day, you can have all that fun.  There's nothing better than a child to keep your spirits high.

Bloody very well done our mad, multitask, big girl pants Mandy,

Take care

Jan xxxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Mandy,

Well as the others have said you really are a multi tasker!

Keep your chin up and stay strong and I hope your Uncle has the wonderful send off he deserves.

Would you like some maggots to put down mothers clothes, only as a threat of course....

Tight lines

Tim xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Manday

You are doing so so well. Organising funerals can be quite difficult, I had to sort my father's out and I hadn't even seen him in 6 years - my mum and sister were just useless and left it to me to deal with his estate and everything (he hadn't left a will) but they still liked to tell me what to do! And interfering people who go behind

I'd go with cruton's idea of the bin - oh how I'd love to shove my sister in the bin for a few hours

Anyway, I'm off the point... its sounds like you have everything undercontrol and like LM said you won't bottle it as he was your special uncle :)

I hope you have a lovely lovely time with Ava (That's a lovely name by the way)

Lots of hugs ((((hugs)))))) xxxxxxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Ahh it sent before I was finished sorry!! And I mistyped your name sorry hun!!

Anyway, interfering people who go behind your back are very annoying and I think you had every right to be cross. Did anyone actually speak to your ex - will he be going to the funeral?

Oh and def put Joe on wheelchair duties, he sounds like he'd do a good job of that

Anyway, you are doing such a fantastic job living up to your name. I really hope the funeral goes ok next week and again, have a brill time with little Ava getting up to mischief

CrazyCatLady (who clicks send before she should)  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Haha..you've all made me laugh, and given me some brill ideas, maggots, bins, ravens !! Perhaps a collection of them all would just about do it and Joe says he would gladly organise it!! With all the cafufal going on, I'd completely forgotten my car needed taxing!! Oops...nice garage man is fitting it in tomorow for its mot. If I got caught would they send me to prison?? ..that would be such a break for me!!! Now off to put my washing out..how lovely to get it out on such a sunny day ( sad arnt I ?) Bye for now, you all made me smile, thank you.xxxx