My Lovely Wife Julie the Funeral.

Less than one minute read time.

I didn't cry today. It was a full house at the Crematorium and there were lots of tears when "Time to say goodbye" (Brightman & Bocelli) played to her entry. But I didn't cry.  I cried when I read replies to my last post because I know you understand.  Unless you have direct experience with Cancer - you never know what goes on behind closed doors and to some extent I resented the tears that people shed.

We left the Crem to "Always look on the bright side of life" It certainly lifted the spirits.  The Crem also had the clean version of the song so there was no swearing.

Julie raised £1100.00 in donations instead of flowers which will go to LOROS in Leicester.

Although Julie loved her garden she had requested family flowers only and I will post a photo of the bunch I sent in conjunction with my son, Leon.

Thanks for your support

Stuart

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Stuart,

Just to let you know that you and your family are in my thoughts...and how wonderful that your beloved Julie raised so much in donations...a fitting tribute to a lovely lady..

The only advice I can offer is "to take one day at a time and do what ever it takes to get you through this traumatic time"...

Take care, love Ann xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

stuart,, words can never be enough follow your heart and instincts, your grief is unique to you alone, don't let anyone try to tell you how you should be feeling or dealing with it, may you find the stength in time, bless your heart, look after yourself ,,   linda x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Stuart,

We had Always Look on the Bright Side of Life at my dad's memorial service too. And everyone whistled along which was just lovely. It's a beautiful idea to have donations to something Julie believed in, she's helping someone else even in death. Grief is such a hard thing and everyone deals with it differently, my friend's mum carried on like nothing had happened, my mum struggles badly some days and gets by on others. It's unique to you. Mum says this is the hardest time, the busy period of arranging is done and people start to withdraw, leaving you to start to build your new life alone. Never forget when you're low and the house is quiet that we're all here for you. It's not the same I know but there are all of us out here thinking of you and sending you  all the strength we can muster.

All the best, Vikki xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well done Stuart, your lovely Julie must have been so proud, and I am sure her love will help you on your next journey, it wont be easy but you will get there in time xx