My Lovely Wife Julie the Funeral.

Less than one minute read time.

I didn't cry today. It was a full house at the Crematorium and there were lots of tears when "Time to say goodbye" (Brightman & Bocelli) played to her entry. But I didn't cry.  I cried when I read replies to my last post because I know you understand.  Unless you have direct experience with Cancer - you never know what goes on behind closed doors and to some extent I resented the tears that people shed.

We left the Crem to "Always look on the bright side of life" It certainly lifted the spirits.  The Crem also had the clean version of the song so there was no swearing.

Julie raised £1100.00 in donations instead of flowers which will go to LOROS in Leicester.

Although Julie loved her garden she had requested family flowers only and I will post a photo of the bunch I sent in conjunction with my son, Leon.

Thanks for your support

Stuart

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Stuart,

OK pleased to hear that such a brave person had a fitting send off - think the choice of music shows the spritit of Julie, Yourself and Leon.

I know you have hard times ahead but you do have the small  consolation she knew she was loved by You as much as you loved her.

What a lovely tribute from her friends to raise that figure as a tribute to a very brave lady.

Love and Hugs Mate to You and Leon

John xx

• There is bound to be a big gaping hole in your life now you have lost your Julie. The next few weeks, months... even years, will be hard but it will hurt a little less as time passes. I have loved and lost so many people in my life and I KNOW it does get easier. Don't feel guilty if you find yourself smiling or having a brief moment of hapiness - you are allowed to be happy.

KateG

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Stuart, so now your lovely Julie has been laid to rest, the mourners have gone home and you are now alone with your grief - don't make any expectations of yourself i.e. not crying, not grieving the way you should.  You and Julie shared a journey together no-one will ever understand.  For richer for poorer,  in sickness and in health.  You both had a wonderful  journey together and you both managed to even make the best of the worst part - Julie's illness.  Right now, this minute, you just be.  I/we are all here for you and I hope you don't mind but I will be going back to the beginning of your story as I feel I somehow knew you both and want to remember you with respect.  God bless, one day at a time, one hour at a time.  Ann x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

((((Stuart)))) you have done your beautiful Julie proud

Much love

scarlet xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Your lovely Julie is at peace now but you still have a way to travel.  Take one day at a time, just as you've been doing while caring for her, and try to remember the happy times you've had together.

I've always found that it helps to talk about loved ones who have gone and keep their memory alive in your heart.  I don't think you'll find a problem with that as I can tell how much you loved her.

You've done her proud, never forget that, and I hope I can do the same for my John when the time comes.

As others have said, we're all here for you.

Take care of yourself.

Love and *hugs*, Madge x x x x