My Lovely Wife Julie 4

1 minute read time.

Back Home today, Hurray..........but..............

A full day starting at 8.30am with the last Radio to the head.  Meeting with the Onc that should have been at 10.40am didn't happen til 11.50am but she did say we could go home today.  A planning session for the Sacrum area followed and at 1.30pm we were back on the Ward to tell the Sister we could go home.......

We wait for Discharge note.....................

5.15pm julie is asked to vacate her bed to wait in the day room, her discharge note is on its way with her drugs.............................

7.15pm - after 2 hours sitting in her Wheelchair, Julie is very uncomfortable.  The ward have provided some pain relief but Julie is completly knackerd from the long day and in tears so I get our coats on and I inform the Sister that Julie has had enough and we are going home.  There is a flurry of activity and a letter, together with most of the drugs appear within a couple of minits, and we are out...........?  

With the most sarcastic voice I could muster, without shouting and within earshot of the Doctor responsible, I asked the Sister to thank whoever was responsible for the 5 hour odd wait for the discharge notes, and we left.

Ten past Eight and Julie is tucked up in bed

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Stuart Hope Julie is feeing better now she is home and under your care.It is so painfull when you see the one you love in so much pain. I felt for you with the wait to be discharged I went through the same with my husband. I hope that she get help to cope with the pain and dont forget to look after yourself as she needs you. All the besy  Jean