day 4 since i found out

Less than one minute read time.

well its all a bit surreal really, it feels like its something that isnt really happening and even when i say i have cancer, it just doesnt sound like its about me, work are being good about me being off, but just cant sit there for 9 hours and be normal, cant decide if i should tell my team!

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

hiya wendy i was only diagnosed in July this year and was so well and fit you wouldnt believe, just receovering from a broken marriage and thought things were on the up then Bang!  Told i have squamous cell cancer in my left tonsil and mets in my neck lymph node, am 5 weeks post treatment of radical radiotherapy and chemo, can eat, cant swallow have to be fed liquids down a peg in my stomach, loads of mucus in my mouth which makes me spit out loads, which i have never done, its disgusting, they cant tell me how long it will last but say i l have dry mouth forever after cos the salavery glands on my leftside have been killed off, my question was will i ever be able to snog a frog again lol im single now and dont want to be forever lol its hard and i reckon harder for your family, keep thinking positive, i try cos thats me but sometimes i have my weeps and think whats it all about????? Its nice to talk on here and to listen to other people.

Thinking of you

Jill

x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Wendy - I was only diagnosed on 20th October and like you it has all seemed a very surreal experience.  Unfortunatley I have not been able to work since but I did make the decision to tell my work colleagues with the agreement that if they wanted to contact me to do so by text - then I could deal with them when I felt able.

I have just had first consultation with Oncologist and it has finally hit home - the reality of having cancer and its associated treatments but also the care and help that is around to help me through this.

Everyone here has been really supportive which helps with those feelings of isolation.  Hope that we have more chances to chat.

Thinking of you.  Take Care, Angela xx

• Hi Wendy

Am 12 months post treatment for lobular breast cancer and have had mastectomy, chemo and RT. See you have joined the Breast Cancer Group so see you there.

Love

Sue x x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I was diagnosed 28/8/09, had surgery two weeks later and started chemo on the 6/11/09. Cancer forces us to experience too many things in too little time. You'll find this site an amazing support through this rollercoaster that we all have to experience. We're all here for you. Keep blogging away hun.

Love

Monna xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

WOW what a welcome, thanks guys - thinking of you all! keep smiling I know it helps me - i have made a deal with myself to do something different every day, so today i was a rebel and went out in my bright pink socks and i didnt care that they didnt go with my clothes....i have finished work now and am on special leave fully paid! which is fab! MRI on Friday and pre op on Monday, i just want the op over and done with cos then i will get the histology and can then fighting whatever it is i have to fight....