What If ??

2 minute read time.

life is full of so many questions... so many things that are un answered, un explainable..life is unpredictable.. you just never know what is round the corner...

my biggest question now... is what if?

what if i never got cancer, how would my life be now?

now... yesterday... exactly a year to the day, of finding a lump... i found a lump in my neck again... a million questions ran through my head, a million thoughts....

what if its back? how will i cope? how will i get through it all again? what will happen next? why again? how? arghhhh!!!!!

i DONT want it to be cancer!!!

but so many things making me believe it is.....ive had pains in my back, chest, and collar bone for a couple of weeks now, been soo sooo tired... so that prompted me to go see my gp.. he looked in my mouth and said.. hmm throat infection... 8 penicillin a day for ten days... well... 6 days into this course... the lump came... surely cant be down to infection?? wouldnt it have come before now??

well.!!!! this is SHIT!!!! to put it bluntly.... im only 20.. dont want to be going through this again... i know... it may not be nothing...it may just be a swollen gland or lymph node... but thats it.. my cancer was lymphoma...!!! GRRRR!!!!!

and then if it is nothing, how am i gunna cope with everytime i get a swollen gland, or something... jeeee its like treading on glass...waiting for cancer to come bite me on the bum again!! helloooo emma im back again!!!! noooo ur not welcome!!!

ive been in remission, exactly 3mnths and 4 days! my last chemo was 4 and a half months ago... is that time enough for it to come back again??? am i worrying for nothing???

toooooooooo many questions!! to many things on my mind!!!! wished i could fall asleep, wake up, then imagine ive dreamed the lump is there in my neck... and if its a swollen gland i wished i never got one again.... so then no panic....

well... anyways i rang hospital... was due to see DR N next week on thursday, but he wants to see me this thursday instead now... thats still 2day, and 2mora worrying!!! =(

rant over!!

im gunna go find something to keep my mind occupied!!

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Emz,

Just to add that I will be thinking of you Thursday, too. Waiting is the worst!!!!

Huuuuuuuuuuge hugs,

Love,

Ali   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Emma, I can't really say anymore than anyone else has said apart from that I am thinking of you too.  I think all cancer survivors will always think 'what if' so you aren't alone in thinking that honey.  The lump you have found may well be linked to your sore throat but at least your DrN is seeing you sooner than expected and that must make you feel that he IS looking after you.  Is someone going with you to see him?

You have to know that you are not alone Emma - you have so many friends on here that care about you and we will ALL be praying that things go okay so pls let us know asap.

Sending you a mahussive hug((())))))),

Auntie Sheila:)X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Good luck for today hope everythings ok

laters

Pete