What If ??

2 minute read time.

life is full of so many questions... so many things that are un answered, un explainable..life is unpredictable.. you just never know what is round the corner...

my biggest question now... is what if?

what if i never got cancer, how would my life be now?

now... yesterday... exactly a year to the day, of finding a lump... i found a lump in my neck again... a million questions ran through my head, a million thoughts....

what if its back? how will i cope? how will i get through it all again? what will happen next? why again? how? arghhhh!!!!!

i DONT want it to be cancer!!!

but so many things making me believe it is.....ive had pains in my back, chest, and collar bone for a couple of weeks now, been soo sooo tired... so that prompted me to go see my gp.. he looked in my mouth and said.. hmm throat infection... 8 penicillin a day for ten days... well... 6 days into this course... the lump came... surely cant be down to infection?? wouldnt it have come before now??

well.!!!! this is SHIT!!!! to put it bluntly.... im only 20.. dont want to be going through this again... i know... it may not be nothing...it may just be a swollen gland or lymph node... but thats it.. my cancer was lymphoma...!!! GRRRR!!!!!

and then if it is nothing, how am i gunna cope with everytime i get a swollen gland, or something... jeeee its like treading on glass...waiting for cancer to come bite me on the bum again!! helloooo emma im back again!!!! noooo ur not welcome!!!

ive been in remission, exactly 3mnths and 4 days! my last chemo was 4 and a half months ago... is that time enough for it to come back again??? am i worrying for nothing???

toooooooooo many questions!! to many things on my mind!!!! wished i could fall asleep, wake up, then imagine ive dreamed the lump is there in my neck... and if its a swollen gland i wished i never got one again.... so then no panic....

well... anyways i rang hospital... was due to see DR N next week on thursday, but he wants to see me this thursday instead now... thats still 2day, and 2mora worrying!!! =(

rant over!!

im gunna go find something to keep my mind occupied!!

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

thanks for the comments everyone...

im trying to stay positive... really i am.. but its sooo hard to keep positive =(

suppose the only choice i have is to wait til thursday to see what the DR thinks!

hope ur all well...

emma

xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Emz thinking of you and hoping everything is ok!  caroline XX

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

think of you hope all goes well x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi emma what if we never got this bloody monster, i don't know were we would be now , i do know we would probably have had some other chalenge to face love , lifes not fair love , we take what it throws at us and we carry on . those on here have had loads thrown at us but we get up and start again we have to ,  i like you have a few days to think not sleep and worry , Ihope we both have good out comes to this you more than I . Ihave had my life yours is just begining and god willing it will be a long and happy one . what ever happens to me my life is comming to its end may be ten tears from now but may be a year . I will try to live it to the full . You have lots of life to live yet and you live it to the full , wev,e both been thruogh this once so what the hell we can do it again, if we have to it'll be hard and scary yeh so what beat it once beat it again . we have somthing now we did not have when the monster first raised its head we have the support of all these friends on here and the knowledge that we are not alone any more . fingers crossed for thurs day for you love  so lets both get in there and in the words of a little girl kick cancers butt HUGSxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Emz - just to let you know that I am thinking of you.

Yes I agree with Alan (above) he and I have had our life - you are at the start of yours but be positive whatever the result.  Saw you couldn`t sleep - my turn tonight it`s 2.45am.  Least I don`t have to go to work any more so can snooze the day away if need be!

Good luck girl for Thursday - I`ll be thinking of you. Hugs Girl Friday x