sigh!!!!!!!!

1 minute read time.

right, i know im at risk for targetting here... but everyone has there own opinion. and i am going to say mine...

maybe i should just keep quiet, as i dont want to argue.. but...

without this site, no matter what lay out, many people wouldnt of had the support they have had...

honestly.. how many of you can say.. ive not had no support from this site.

wether it be information about the cancer/care/money... etc.. it is all support.  support from forums, support from blogs, support from chat.

i think sometimes people forget that behind the names of the writing... there are people, people that try hard, people that all have there own worries, yet take the time to comfort others, people that have taken the time to reply to a blog or a forum.. most importantly... these people HAVE FEELINGS!!!

and admin are only human... they are doing there best to try to make everyone happy. and somewhere along the line, its going to be hard to please over 50,000 people on this site...

ok fair enough things can be done to improve the site.

BUT IN THE YEAR I HAVE BEEN HERE>>>>> I HAVE FOUND SOOOO MANY FRIENDS, SUPPORTED SOOO MANY PEOPLE, AND TO ME, IT DIDNT MATTER WHAT THE SITE LOOKED LIKE....

i had the support. and gave the support.... and can i say....

all the arguing is going to put people off...

so lets think about what brought us here...

why we are here.

one word

CANCER.

one thing we all came for was to find answers, and support, then you support others. wether it be you are the patient, the carer of a patient, or wether you have lost a loved one to cancer.

the simple solution is.. we all have eyes, we all have a mind, if you begin to read a post you find upsetting, dont carry on reading it...that way it cant bother you then.

and as i say.. this  blog wasnt for an arguement. so please dont comment on it, if you are going to be arguing.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

To true Emma it doesn't matter what it looks like and everyone has the choice to read or not read a blog

this site and the people i have meet on here were a god send when i first found out i had cancer .

i  know that none of us like change my little life was ticking along nicely then CANCER came and changed it so what can you do get on with it is the answer .

jackie

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hey emz , as we discussed earleir this has got stupid now !!

I came to this site as my husband was dying ,why did i stay ? because of the support and love and kindness of almost everyone on here ,  

I am a widow at 35 , i was in a very dark lonely place , well im not anymore and lots of that is thanx to this site, i have got my confidence back and with that some amazing friends , emz only being one of many ,but as are the others she is always here for me ,even earlier when i told her even im p******d off with some of the crap on here , she as always was their to listen ,

Thats why we are here , CANCER its a scary word, even scarier to live through , but if we can do it together it makes it so much easier ,

so please can we all pull together and stop the crap , love and hugs jenni xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I was on the old site but not long enough to believe that it was a better site than this.

I have gained a vast amount of support and made many friends from this site and on some occasions my life has depended on it.

You are a very wise lady Emz and I like what you have written.

Nothing has ever been gained by wishing we were still in the past. If it were then my husband would be here with me now.  I WISH Love Julie xxx

• Here here, nicely put, I also had not seen the previous site so it doesnt bother me how it is now, it is what it is, and as already said, it works albeit slowly!

Keep up the good work, i for one feel at home here.

Pauli.............

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

ditto all the above comments. this has been a life line for me, I've not done anything like this before.  I've had great support when I needed it and really do think life with BC would have been harder had it not been for the wonderful people on this site.  We all take what we need from this site!!!!!!!!!!

Alex x